Highly experienced teachers lead the staff of
Mountainside School. Teachers are certified - including STARS
required training. They attend yearly continuing education workshops and
are committed to the education and care of young children.
Director, Debbie Giralmo joined Mountainside in 1985 and has been in her current role since 1999.
- Marie Helm has been with the school since 1980.
- Colleen Delcarlo joined Mountainside
- Margo Roske, teacher and assistant
arrived in 1992.
- Kay Michael came to Mountainside in 1999.
- Deborah Morton teaches the toddler program. She joined Mountainside in 2008.
- These longtime teachers anchor and train new staff members.
- Barbara Green has her masters in
Early Education from University of Washington.
- Phyllis Ballough is a certified Early
Education teacher with a degree in Daycare Management.
Specialty Classes: These classes are included in your child's tuition. We recognize how
precious family time is with your child. Therefore, we save you the time
of transporting children to their extracurricular activities.
- "Gymnastics Express" is taught by Jet Renkert. Jet has taught at
Mountainside for ten years, to the delight of all of our children.
- Holly Parsons is our music specialist. Holly provides the program taught to our children on Music and
Movement. Her goals are to provide a firm musical foundation. She believes in exploration, confidence, and participation. Her goal
is to create a love of music in children and expose them to a variety of instruments and songs.
- Colleen DelCarlo has developed a Spanish language program that is visual,
age appropriate and exposes children to foreign language at an early
age. Opening this window in the brain enables children to learn
languages more easily at later date.
- Shannon Anders teaches ballet on Mondays. Shannon has been associated with
Mountainside many years. This class is for ages 3 years and older. Contact teachers if you are interested in
taking one of these extra classes.